Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

This Little Heart of Mine….

Robert Mondavi – Private Selection 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon, Retails for $8.47

For a Thursday night I was feeling pretty good. I arranged to work from home on Friday so all was right in my world. As my husband starts cooking us some dinner, I grab a bottle of Robert Mondavi’s Private Selection – Cabernet. I sense a fruity taste from the first hit of wine on my tongue. From start to finish this wine is like having an old friend over for a casual and relaxing dinner. As I look so wine savvy as swirling my glass I notice the legs last for quite sometime. May be the reason why I feel so relaxed and care free.

Mondavi’s Private Selection was introduced in 1994 and was harvested only from the North and Central Coast appellations to profile the high quality and character of their coastal grapes. Due to these regions growing conditions, they were able to source each variety of grapes from the climate and soil it thrives in best. The result is a high quality, affordable wine.

Robert Mondavi (RIP) to me is the Godfather of California wines who provided technical improvements and marketing strategies bringing worldwide recognition to the wines in Napa Valley. Mr. Mondavi says “Wine to me is passion. It is family and friends, warmth of heart and generosity of spirit”.

I can tell you, this little heart of mine shines on with this delightful wine!


Robert Mondavi Private Selection produces Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, Fume Blanc, Syrah, Zinfandel and Johannisberg Riesling.

Ready Chickadees, here’s your word for the day:
Appellation – A designated growing area governed by the rules and regulations established by its central government and local governing body. In the US this translates to AVA’s or American Viticultural Areas. These are not focused on quality but focus more on the regions growing climate.

No comments:

Post a Comment