Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

Cardiff Cellars Cabernet – 2008

Ah, Sunday evening and thoughts of Monday morning in my head….must get them out. Cardiff Cabernet should be able to help. This is only my third time drinking Cardiff and for an inexpensive wine, retailing at $5.99 at Total Wine, I think it is very drinkable. It is a full bodied Cab and not too dry. I smell berries, a touch of floral (violets perhaps), allspice and cherry. The color is a deep Crimson and highlights of purple in the glass. I can taste the berry flavors coat my tongue with a nice but not strong finish.

I have learned something over these past few weeks….the cheaper the wine, the less likely the winery has a website. The only thing I can tell you about this winery it it’s located in California. No info on the bottle, nothing online. I would like to tell you more but I simply can’t other than it is a nice wine at a great price.

If anyone can find any info on Cardiff Cellars, please forward it to me.

Chickadees word of the day:
Floral – an aroma reminiscent of flowers (duh!), such as violets, roses or citrus blossoms. This impression can also be sensed on the palate.

No comments:

Post a Comment