Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Think I’m walking the plank with tonight’s Black Vines wine


Will Wine Hubby make me walk the plank tonight due to my Black Vines 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon wine pairing with dinner tonight? He may and I wouldn’t blame him. Let’s start with the dinner he made, Julia Child’s famous Boeuf Bourguignon, you know the one Julie Powell in Julie and Julia attempted cook. The Boeuf Bourguignon was cooked in the Dutch Oven my mother gave us this weekend. No telling how many fabulous meals were cooked in this vessel and this one was no exception. If only the wine could match up to the meal.

Black Vines is based on the legend of Maddy aka ‘Black Vine’ Smith a notorious swash-buckling, jewel stealing, wine lover who emptied some of the finest wine cellars throughout the world. I could find no info on this wine thief or this Vineyard and there may be a reason for the absence of information.

The wine is flat and one dimensional and no match for the dinner. Sip after sip I await the bounty of flavors to arrive but am left high and dry. Upon completion of the meal, the wine presents a little more flavor but is still like a one armed, two peg legged Pirate; disembodied. All this is leaving me feeling like I don’t have two legs to stand on with my wine decision. The flavor reminds me of a grape Jolly Rancher, not a good taste in a wine. Here’s hoping tomorrows wine adventure yields a higher wine booty value. I found this wine at Total Wine for $5.99 but even at that price, I will not be purchasing again.

Interesting Fact:
From the 15th -18th centuries ships carrying wine to regions of the world were often sacked by Pirates, allowing the Pirates to drink some of the finest wines available.

2009© Kellie Stargaard. All Rights Reserved.

http://winechicksguidetoeverydaywines.blogspot.com/
Image provided by K. Stargaard.

No comments:

Post a Comment