Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Evil 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon really lives up to its name


I’m sitting by the Koi pond watching a squirrel who, seems to be very disturbed by our cat while she is lazing on the grass. Maybe he’s heard what an evil cat she can be and this gets me thinking about my next wine, Evil 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon.

I had high hopes for this wine, with it’s red and black artsy label and a price tag of $8.99, the wine seems to be a perfect choice. Rich red hues in the glass and aromas exploding with cherries, oak and plum, I think this could truly be a great wine. As the wine washes over the palate my hopes are quickly dashed. The flavors have flat lined and there’s very little dimension. The wine does have a nice smooth finish but I’m still waiting for the beginning and the middle. The wine is a 2008 and it could maybe benefit from a bit more aging in the bottle.

Evil is produced by Grateful Palate Imports out of Australia and is just one of the dozens of labels housed under this line, touting the finest portfolio of wines in the world. The wine is 100% Cabernet Sauvignon from vineyards in Langhorne Creek, Riverland, Barossa Valley. I’ve had some of the other labels and they are fine wines, I just wish Evil added a little more “good” to the flavors. The company’s slogan is “It’s just wrong” and I tend to be in agreement.

Not quite a wine experiment gone awry but the wine’s not as alive as I hoped. I’ll continue tinkering with looking for those wines that won’t leave me feeling ghastly.

2009© Kellie Stargaard. All Rights Reserved.
http://winechicksguidetoeverydaywines.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment