Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I need to be more like Rex Goliath


I wish I could say the past few days have been relaxing but with the uncertainty lurking around my former position I’ve been extremely stressed. I’m submitting my revised part time work hours and hoping my boss takes the hint that I can no longer spend any serious amount of time on that account as it not worth the money, the stress or the misery it’s causing me and wine hubby (only because he has to put up with me). Time to puff myself up and prepare for the fight that lies ahead. Seems only fitting to break out the Rex Goliath Pinot Noir. Legend has it Rex Goliath was a 47 pound chicken who traveled with a Texas circus at the turn of the 20th century. It’s said people came from miles just to see the largest rooster in the world. I’ve had Rex Goliath Cabernet and Merlot but the Pinot Noir is something new for me and unfortunately it presented itself like so many Pinot Noirs do, not much going on with flavors and a flat finish. The aroma was full of blackberries and oak but not much of that seemed to carry over to the tastes. The wine can be found at ABC Fine Wine & Spirits and other retailers for around $8.99.Seems like so many of the wines I’ve tasted lately have been disappointing, maybe it’s my mood. I am hopeful there will be good news coming my way soon and I’ll be sure to share it with all of you. Interesting info: Did you know Coq au vin means "rooster with wine. 2009© Kellie Stargaard. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment