Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Is Oak Grove the new Blackstone?





With all the ups and downs I’ve experienced at work and my wine trials lately I decide it’s time to break out my latest “go to wine”, Oak Grove. I remember the first time I picked up at bottle was at Total Wine where I saw a little sign stating Oak Grove Merlot was preferred over Blackstone Merlot in blind tastings. As that was a few years ago, I’m unable to find where the tastings occurred, I did come across one webcast that said Blackstone Merlot was the worst in their tastings….ouch. I can tell you after that day, Oak Grove was a new found friend to me, especially the Cabernet Sauvignon which is what I’m enjoying tonight.

The flavors are well balanced with ripe fruits consisting of cherries, black berries, currants and mild tannins. It does taste a little grapy but still better than some of the other wines I’ve had lately.

I consider this wine my and wine hubby’s signature wine since this is the wine we put our save the date labels on and handed out to those who were in our local area. For those of you who don’t know, we got married at Voodoo Doughnut in Portland, OR, hence the VooDoo doll, doughnuts and micro-brew bottle caps.


I finally feel relaxed and know I’m in control for now. I’m going to take the time I need to rejoin the world of happy people and in a few weeks I’ll start adding hours to make workload but for now I’m enjoying the freedom of leaving early and taking time for myself, hubby and house.

Wine Info:
Appellation - California
Alcohol - 13.1%
pH - 3.55
T.A. - .59
R.S. - .3%

2009© Kellie Stargaard. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment