Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Coyote Creek Cabernet Sauvignon – 2008 - California


Since the Wine Chick has been spending so much time on her home computer lately, it’s time to get some wrists pads for my aching joints. While at my local Office Depot, I couldn’t believe the price for a piece of covered gel…$15.99 - $27.99…are you kidding me…do you know how many bottles of inexpensive wine I could get for that amount. So I promptly left and headed to the ABC Fine Wine & Spirits conveniently located in the same strip mall. I found so many great buys; it was hard to find a wine for tonight. Hmm, I’m feeling a bit like a Coyote tonight. Do Coyote’s make careful plans of attack??? I don’t know if they do but I know I am!

I wasn’t sure what to expect, the Coyote Creek was on sale for $6.50 and was definitely in the Wine Chick’s budget. Hubby is at a BEERS meeting tonight so this bad boy is all mine. The color is a deep ruby red in the glass. I take in the aroma of ripe plums, leather and rich berries. This could be promising….oh please don’t let this taste like pesticides, I’ve had those wines but couldn’t bring myself to write about them. Ah, the first sip and all the aromas have carried over to the taste. It’s a full bodied wine but light enough on the tongue and continues with a strong and lingering finish.

Through my research I learn Coyote Creek is one of the many wines handcrafted in the traditional wine style at Adler Fels Winery. Adler Fels winery was founded in Sonoma Valley in 1979 by David and Ayn Coleman. David Coleman, developed innovations in production that became industry standards. Coleman created the first gold foil label to be used on California wine bottles. The winery is owned by Adams Wine Group and consists of a collection of premium wineries.

While at ABC Fine Wine & Spirits, I spoke with Glen Witherbee the stores Wine Consultant. Glen and a co-worker Carol, advised me of an upcoming Wine Tasting this Thursday September 3 from 6:00 – 8:00. The cost is $10 and includes a souvenir tasting glass, $5 coupon for night of event purchase and will profile only about 75 wines….only about, these are the words Glen used. I’ll be there probably right at 6:00, if you’re in the area join me at the ABC Fine Wine & Spirits at 14729 N. Dale Mabry Hwy.

I give this wine, 3 out of 5 glasses.


Winemaking Analysis Varietal composition: 94% Cabernet Sauvignon, 6% other red varietals

Appellation: California

Alcohol: 13.5%

Total Acid: 0.58 g/100ml

pH: 3.72

Chickadee word of the day:
Stealth – secret, surreptitious or clandestine activity. I know this doesn’t have anything to do with wine but it does have to do with my plan of attack. I’ll try to fill everyone in when I can. For now, this is a covert mission.... wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment