Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

2007 Menage a Trois red wine and new chapters

After a long 4 day weekend, the return to work on Tuesday brings a new era to my life. While enjoying a glass of Folie a Deux Winery’s http://www.folieadeux.com/mat/red.html2007 Menage a Trois red, it made me think of three things I’m currently facing, leaving me with mixed emotions:
1 - After nearly 10 years at the same company, I am now a part time temp employee.
2 - The company has changed so much in the past 10 years, maybe it is a good time to part ways.
3 – The possibility and the opportunity to do something new and enjoyable with my life. It’s this third thought that excites me and prompted me to start writing about wine.

Menage a Trois literally translates to “household of three” and is a romantic relationship between three people. The name is fitting as the wine is a blend of three varietals: Zinfandel, Merlot and Cabernet. The grapes are fermented on their own and then blended prior to bottling. I take in aromas of berry jam, chocolate and oak. The flavors are bold and after a few minutes of aeration, take on even bolder jam flavors. Even with the bold flavors, the wine is smooth and low in tannins provide a lush lingering finish. We paired this wine with bratwurst and grilled corn. The smokiness from the grilled foods worked well with this easy drinking wine.

While I mourn the loss of one chapter in my life, a toast to the future and the wonderful blend of new experiences, knowledge and opportunities it may bring.

Wine Information:
Composition: Zinfandel, Merlot & Cabernet Sauvignon
Oak Aged
Alcohol: 13.5%
I found this wine at ABC Fine Wine & Spirits for $8.99

Chickadee word of the day:
Blending – the process of combining different wines with the goal of creating a composite that’s better than any of the wines separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment