Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

2007 Ass Kisser Shiraz


First week complete after my status change from full time permanent employee to part time temp. Time for a glass of wine and I think this evening calls for a big glass of Ass Kisser Shiraz. Fitting since I think it was a lack of ass kissing that got me into this predicament.

Black currants and an oaky aroma make this a promising wine. Tasty vanilla, chocolate and spice provide an intense lingering finish. The flavors are not complicated but it is full bodied and I’m a happy wine chick now.

Ass Kisser is made by Rocland Estates, a family owned winery in South Australia. The grapes are grown in premium vineyards and picked once they reach optimum maturity. After the grapes are crushed into open fermenters and monitored for 7-10 days they spend 12 months in aged and new French and American barrels.

While I don’t know what the following week will bring at work, I do know I have some more tasty wines to sample and tell you about. I started this evening out with a glass of Little Black Dress Pinot Noir. It was so dry and one dimensional, I couldn’t drink it without making a face. Love the bottle but not the wine…..

I found this wine at the Wine Warehouse at 5571 4th St N, St Petersburg for $8.99

Chickadee word of the day:
Fermenter – A vessel used to ferment grape juice. This can be in the form of barrels, vats of oak, concrete or steel. Wow, didn’t need a dictionary to figure that one out……

No comments:

Post a Comment