Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

Biltmore Cabernet Sauvignon


Will drinking this wine make me feel like a Vanderbilt? I don’t know about that but it does make me feel good about my wine choice tonight. While hubby works on his FarmVille crops and I patiently wait to go to work in YoVille, I sit and enjoy a nice glass of Biltmore Cabernet. I take in the oaky aromas and spicy black pepper. The wine is slightly dry with a medium body and has smooth lingering finish. It’s easy to see why this wine won Gold in 2007 New World International Wine Competition.

Here’s something interesting, did you know the most visited winery in the US is the Biltmore’s Winery. The vineyards were established in 1971 in an area below Biltmore House. French-American hybrids were planted initially. The vineyard has 94 acres and plants 6 varieties of grapes. The harvest begins in mid-September and continues through October when the Cabernet Sauvignon grapes are picked.

I’m glad I discovered this wine and I think it will be making a few appearances during the holidays this year. This wine can be found at ABC Fine Wine & Spirits for $8.99

No comments:

Post a Comment