Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Running with Scissors Cabernet Sauvignon Livermore, CA

Boxes, boxes and more boxes. Whether they be unopened, repacked or flattened, my life is now full of boxes. The excitement over rediscovering all my stuff has turned into an overwhelming feeling of doubt and wonder. Doubt of whether I’ll ever get everything into place and wonder of where in the world am I going to put all this stuff. Now I look forward to some much needed storage solution. A wine storage solution will be the purchase of a riddling rack to hold all those wonderful wines. This brings me to my next wine, Running with Scissors Cabernet Sauvignon.

Aromas were a little closed even after some in glass swirling but I can detect some hints of blackberry and vanilla. Cherry and blackberry hit the palate, nice balance between sugar and the round and smooth tannins. Very drinkable but was a little disappointed. I was told by an associate at Total Wine, the wine is a second label produced by  Concannon but I wasn’t able to find anything online that confirmed this statement. If anyone knows, please let me know. I did purchase this at Total Wine before we left Florida for $9.99.

Unfortunately the only website I found for Running with Scissors is under construction, so I have zero info on this wine and winery. For $9.99 it’s worth a try and it really was drinkable, I just found it to be a little closed. Perhaps a different variety or vintage will be on my shopping list soon.

While I make friends with our new house, the land is stunning. We’ve already had a bear or two, deer feed in our woods on a regular basis, the squirrels are busy preparing for the upcoming winter and the local wineries are wrapping up their harvests. More to come on those very soon. 

As I dive into the mountain of boxes, unpack some things, repack others, drag boxes back to the basement, it hits me. Why is it, I can find all the high school crap my mother made me store and all of my old Fisher Price toys, yet I can’t find the box with the DVD player? Frustrating…. Ah, I look forward to the day when everything is in its place, even if that place means stored in the basement. The basement, big plans for that area…will eventually become the wine bar. A place of my own where I can sit back and enjoy a few glasses of wine with my husband, or friends and family. The roads are around are too winding to go out and have a few glasses, much safer and smarter to enjoy in the comfort of our own home. Until then, there’s always the front porch and the rocking chairs, which is still blissfully clutter free.

If you would like to send samples for my review, please contact me at kstargaard@yahoo.com.
To donate to the America’s Disaster Relief Truck, currently helping Alabama tornado victims and Mississippi flood victims, click here.

2011© Kellie Stargaard.  All Rights Reserved.
http://winechicksguidetoeverydaywines.blogspot.com/

Follow me on:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/winechicksguide
Twitter:http://twitter.com/WineChicksGuide

No comments:

Post a Comment