Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

d’Autrefois Pinot Noir Alfio Moriconi Selection 2008



Just when I needed a pick me up from all the blah weather here in Florida, my wine choice was a bit of a let down. Deciding to try yet another Alfio Moriconi selection I picked up a French Pinot Noir by D’Autrefois which left me feeling even more down than before. I wasn’t undrinkable, just not much going on and I was a little disappointed.

Aromas consisting of leather and berries had me seeing sunny skies. First sip however and the black clouds returned. Dry with high tannins, some red berry flavors but overall not a lot going on. There was a hint of spiciness but not enough to make me want to go back for a second glass.

Producer - d’Autrefois
Variety - Pinot Noir
Designation - Alfio Moriconi Selection
Country - France
Region - Languedoc Roussillon
Appellation - Vin de Pays d’Oc

There are three tiers of Vin de Pays: regional, departmental and local. Within these tiers there are six regional Vin de Pays, covering large areas of France. These regions are then broken into around 50 departments. Each department governs or controls how the grapes are produced. The departments or zones may be based on a specific terroir allowing the wines to be produced under the same growing conditions.

Maybe I was hoping for a little more happy clouds banish all the storm clouds. I can’t say the wine isn’t worth another try. I really think it may be pretty good as a braising wine.

My rating - We’ll use it in sauce.

2010© Kellie Stargaard. All Rights Reserved.

http://winechicksguidetoeverydaywines.blogspot.com/

Follow me on:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=114185461044&ref=ts
Twitter:
http://twitter.com/WineChicksGuide

No comments:

Post a Comment