Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

James Oatley Tik Tok Cabernet Sauvignon and Sauvignon Blanc Semillon Mudgee 2009

Tick tock, tick tock, can you hear it? My time in Florida, my home state, is quickly running out. Seems strange to think we’ll actually vacation in Florida now. What a strange concept…As I leave the heat, sunshine, palm trees and sand behind, I’m counting down to an area full of swimming holes, rivers to tube, Pumpkin Farms and even a Kangaroo Conservatory. It’s a bitter sweet passage of time. With not enough time to possible check off my bucket list, what’s a girl to do? Well, throw in the towel and drink great wine is all I can think of at the moment. That’s where my latest samples of James Oatley’s , Tik Tok come into play.

Cabernet Sauvignon
Ripe blackberry on the nose. Spicy black and red fruits in the forefront, subtle round tannins hit mid palate followed by a refreshing vanilla and cherry finish. It’s the type of wine you can bring to a BBQ (or your next Pig Pickin’) and know it won’t get lost in the food. Priced at $13.99
RS – 0.91 g/L
pH – 3.67
TA 6.33 G/L
Alc – 14.5%
Sauvignon Blanc Semillon
Light and tropical aromas, zesty citrus and pineapple flavors with hint of grassy herb. The Semillon adds complexity, the wine finishes with a nice clean acidity. Would pair well with those summer cook out side dishes. Priced at $13.99
RS – 3.39 g/L
pH – 3.33
TA 7.13 G/L
Alc – 12.5%
For more info on James Oatley and TIK TOK wines, click here. I have plenty more of the James Oatley wines to cover, so stay tuned.

Today I made yet another trip to drop off items to Goodwill, to my local home improvement store for more boxes and to my bank for wire funds info. Wow, this is really becoming real now. At the urging of some relatives, I reached out to a former classmate that I wasn’t even close to. Seems the relatives know their relatives and yada, yada, yada. So I friended them on Facebook sincey they live in Northern GA. Even though we barely even know who the other is, she offered to drive my husband and myself around the area once we arrive. I was a little bowled over by the offer. I can’t imagine someone offering to do that here in Tampa.

When we visited the area a few months ago, people in the area boasted how they didn’t lock their doors at night. I thought are these people insane! Not only do they not lock their doors but now they’re telling complete strangers this. Good thing I’m not a mass murderer or anything. While I don’t think I’ll give up the security of locked doors, I am looking forward to a slower pace, beautiful scenery and a more relaxed and trusting lifestyle.

To donate to the America’s Disaster Relief Truck, currently helping Alabama tornado victims and Mississippi flood victims, click here.
2011© Kellie Stargaard.  All Rights Reserved.
http://winechicksguidetoeverydaywines.blogspot.com/

Follow me on:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=114185461044&ref=ts
Twitter: http://twitter.com/WineChicksGuide

1 comment: