Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Mixed Bag of Summer Whites; Infamous Goose Sauvignon Blanc, Horse Heaven Hills Chardonnay, flipflop Riesling

My wine notes are really piling up on me. I’ve been so busy with my paying job, working on details with my upcoming move to Georgia and other sidelines, I haven’t been able to post as much as I used to. Time to get some of these wines checked off in my little black book. Summer heat is upon us, as my poor Koi fish can attest to. They were belly up in the pond the other day; days on end of 90+ temps, no rain and no clouds turned the pond into a hot tub. RIP Sushi and Gobbles, this one’s for you.

When temps turn steamy and sweat is more of an accessory than a cooling effect, I turn to those crisp, cool and thirst quenching white wines. Infamous Goose Sauvignon Blanc, Horse Heaven Hills Chardonnay, Flipflop Riesling to be exact.

Infamous Goose Sauvignon Blanc 2010 by Wild Rock Wines Marlborough, New Zealand
Aromas of lime and a hint of alcohol in the back. Flavors are sweet and rich with pineapple, mango, nectarine and peach. Nice acidity and a clean, refreshing finish. Wine would pair great with a tangy BBQ sauce on chicken or ribs. Very nice and clean drinking.

Horse Heaven Hills (H3) Chardonnay 2008 by Columbia Crest
Nose is full of buttered popcorn and creamy pair aromas. Flavors of white fruits, hit the front of the palate, nice balance between the acidity and creamy vanilla finish. I’m not a fan of the overly buttery and oaky Chardonnays but this one is truly a delight on a hot day. For more info on H3, click here.

flipflop Riesling 2009 Washington State
Nose is full of apples, honey and tropical fruits. First sip and the sweetness hits but by the third sip is balanced out by acidity and a slightly tart finish. Really nice for sipping in the summer sun or an evening outdoors. We paired the wine with a smoked pot roast which was a delightful pairing. For more info on flipflop, click here.

Stayed tuned more great summer wines coming soon.

To donate to the America’s Disaster Relief Truck, currently helping Alabama tornado victims and Mississippi flood victims, click here.

2011© Kellie Stargaard.  All Rights Reserved.
http://winechicksguidetoeverydaywines.blogspot.com/

Follow me on:


Twitter:






  






1 comment:

  1. Flavors of whitened fruits, strike the top belonging to the palate, wonderful harmony among the acidity and creamy vanilla finish. I’m not just a buff belonging to the overly buttery and oaky Chardonnays but this 1 is actually
    Does anyone about to get andBuy Runescape Gold, does anyone have some good suggestions to get the fast and safecheap swtor credits, please tell me and thanks a lot who can help me.

    ReplyDelete