Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

2008 Quivera Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel

Ever have one of those wines that is such a surprise you start thinking, this wine may just change my life! Ok, well maybe that’s a bit of an exaggeration but a recent sample 2008 Quivera Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel was so delightful, I’m hoping I receive additional sample offerings from Quivera in the near future.

Zesty and spicy pepper aromas, smoky flavors hit front palate, plum and raspberry join the party mid-palate, complex and lingering fruity finish. Perfect balance between sweet and dry with well structured tannins.

Appellation – Dry Creek Valley
Varietal – 95% Zinfandel, 5% Syrah
Alcohol – 14.8%
Production – 4,200 cases

In a previous Quivera review, click here, I covered the wineries biodynamic practices. Looking at the Events tab on their website speaks to how the winery follows through with this belief. If you happen to find yourself in Heraldsburg, CA on Feb. 12, you can reserve your seat for their from Farm-to-Table dinner. The event offers guests a chance to observe Quivera’s farming and winemaking practices. As an attendant you have the opportunity to play winemaker in a blending session. I’ve been a part of a blending session and it really is fun to taste your wine and compare to others. I have to say, my blend was voted 2nd best in a group of 14, enough about me though. The evening ends with a three-course dinner featuring heritage pig raised on the estate and heirloom vegetables grown in their gardens. .I’ll be incredibly jealous of anyone who does attend!

The wild boar on the label makes me happy, the juice inside the bottle makes me happier. While wine may not be life altering, it certainly can be mood altering.

2011© Kellie Stargaard. All Rights Reserved.
http://winechicksguidetoeverydaywines.blogspot.com/

Follow me on:
Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=114185461044&ref=ts

Twitter:
http://twitter.com/WineChicksGuide

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious!! I'm a huge Zinfandel and I'd really like to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete