Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

2005 Toad Hollow Cabernet Sauvignon – Concinnity

Part 5 of my Valentine’s series brings us to what most couples or any relationship for that matter strive to reach,  concinnity. The Merriam-Webster dictionary lists the meaning as “harmony or elegance of design especially of literary style in adaptation of parts to a whole or to each other”. Toad Hollow’s Cabernet Sauvignon uses the term concinnity to mean a “perfect blend – a beautiful marriage”. I think that fits perfect with my Valentine’s Day theme.

Aromas are filled with earth and leather. The earthiness carries over to the flavors along with an abundance of oak. High tannins and rich bold flavors provide for a well balanced finish. Every time I sample this wine, I just can’t get enough of it. It’s a limited production so scour your retailers now. I have a feeling it will be in even more demand as the Concinnity wine just won a gold medal at the 2011 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition.

Varietal blend – Cabernet Sauvignon: 75%, Petit Sirah: 10%, Cabernet Franc: 7%, Petit Verdot: 4%, Field Blend: 4%
Alcohol: 14.7%
TA: .645
pH: 3.54
SRP - $15

So what does Concinnity mean to me you ask? My husband and I have been married for just under two years. He knows when not to push my buttons and just to let me be cranky and I’m learning to be a little less cranky when he does something not to my liking. Lucky for me (and him) he doesn’t often do things that set me off. I really did get lucky!

Give and take along with understanding is the basis of a marriage but concinnity represents more; togetherness, blending of families, or a coming together. A marriage isn’t just about two people. It starts with the couple and branches off to include friends and family. Who says Valentine’s Day is strictly for a romantically involved couple? Not me, I think it can be expanded and doesn’t have to be all about mushy gushy stuff but more about showing your love and appreciation for good friends and close family members.

I think that’s how I feel about this wine and some others. You say you can’t feel that much attachment to a wine. And I say, sure I can, it’s my blog.

Tune in next Tuesday for Part 6 of my V-day installment.

2011© Kellie Stargaard. All Rights Reserved.
http://winechicksguidetoeverydaywines.blogspot.com/

Follow me on:

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=114185461044&ref=ts

Twitter:
http://twitter.com/WineChicksGuide

No comments:

Post a Comment