Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

Light and easy drinking Summer white wines





Since I couldn’t find much information on either of these wines, I figured I’d just give you a two for one minus the winery info.

Nobilis Vinho Verde

So are you all sick of my white wine reviews yet? For months people begged me to do them so now I’m on a roll. Don’t worry, once Fall rolls around (sometime in December) I’ll go back to my reds. For now though, the whites seem to be calling my name, especially Nobilis a Vinho Verde from Portugal.

The color is what initially drew me to the wine, the bottle is clear glass and the juice has the appearance of vodka. The aromas are full of lemon notes, the citrus characteristics carry over to the flavors along with a bit of fiz on the tongue. Sour apple and acid bring up the rear. It’s a very simple yet refreshing wine perfect for light summer drinking.
At less than $7, I’ll be picking up a few more of these over the next few months.

My rating – too good to put down

Soave Italia White White

This wine was ok, mostly I bought it out of curiosity for bottle and its cool curve. Sort of looks like a wave.

The wine aroma was a faint with apple and pear notes. Flavors were also light with a hint of lemon and peaches. It was easy sipping but didn’t have a lot of personality. I have the bottle now, so I don’t think I’ll purchase this one again. For $9.99, I expect a tiny bit more.

My rating – we’ll drink the rest tomorrow

2010© Kellie Stargaard. All Rights Reserved.

http://winechicksguidetoeverydaywines.blogspot.com/

Follow me on:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=114185461044&ref=ts
Twitter:
http://twitter.com/WineChicksGuide

No comments:

Post a Comment