Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Doulce France Vouvray Chenin Blanc 2008



Have I mentioned lately how hot it is? I mean really, 98 degrees for an actual high and it’s not even officially summer yet. Someone remind me how much I was complaining in January because it was so miserably cold. We’ve gone from one extreme to the other, just like I have in my wine choices lately. I haven’t written about a red wine in some time, don’t worry reds, I haven’t forgotten you but for now, it’s time for another French white wine, Doulce France Chenin Blanc 2008 by Bougrier Depuis from the Loire Valley appellation.

Colors are pale yellow with slight green tinge, subtle fruit aromas consisting of apple and grapefruit. Flavors are crisp and clean with mango, pineapple and peach. Has a lot of residual sugar making the wine seem like a giant wine cooler. Still not bad for back yard sipping, would also make a great aperitif or cocktail party wine.

Like many wines from the Vouvray appellation, the wine is most likely 100% Chenin Blanc. The back label lists the wine as demi-sec or off-dry but I found the wine to be a lot sweeter for this description to be accurate. Doulce France Vouvray Chenin Blanc is another Alfio Moiconi Selection, our friend from Total Wine. For $9.99, the wine is very simple rather delightful.

As the cicadas begin their nightly serenade signaling another lazy summer evening, all is right in my world tonight.

Pairs well with salty appetizers, spicy sausage or jerk chicken.


Here’s to Sunny, our oldest Koi who we lost last night. Good bye to the orange whale.


My rating - We'll drink the rest tomorrow.

2010© Kellie Stargaard. All Rights Reserved.

http://winechicksguidetoeverydaywines.blogspot.com/

Follow me on:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=114185461044&ref=ts
Twitter:
http://twitter.com/WineChicksGuide

No comments:

Post a Comment