Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sexy Wine Bomb Blends Have More Fun Red

Having seen Sexy Wine Bomb on a couple of blogs and upon finding it at my local Total Wine, I knew I had to give it a whirl. Not one to always jump on the wine bandwagon, the wine was priced right at $9.99, so what the heck!

Aromas are full of red and purple fruits. Flavors are spicy and jammy with underlying plum and cherry notes. While I find the label fun, I found the wine a little lack luster, no complexity. The wine did lose some of the overly jammy flavors with 5 seconds of the Clef du Vin. I’m not saying it’s a terrible wine, I think a younger wine drinker will find it just fine. And who knows, maybe it was just another off night for me but I don’t know if I’ll try this one again.

Blend: 38% Merlot, 38% Zinfandel, 23% Syrah, less than 1% Petite Sirah
Vintage: 2008
Alcohol: 15%
RS: 0.8

Just a few years ago, I would have thought this wine is delectable, maybe even delicious and a delight to drink. But something has changed, I know longer find those jammy under developed wines to be enjoyable at all. In fact, I find them to be almost appalling and they take the fun out of drinking wine. What’s wrong with me, could it be, has it happened…am I, gasp, a wine snob?

No, I refuse to believe I’ve turned into a wine snob. I find too many fabulous and incredible wines for between $8.99 and $12.99. Besides, I’m too cheap to be a wine snob. So maybe my palate has changed a little, maybe all those wonderful wines in the $20 range have swayed my taste buds a bit but I still have my go to favorites priced under $10 and unless I win the lottery, that won’t change.

Found at my local Total Wine for $9.99.

****To donate to the America’s Disaster Relief Truck, currently helping Alabama tornado victims and Mississippi flood victims, click here.

2011© Kellie Stargaard. All Rights Reserved.
http://winechicksguidetoeverydaywines.blogspot.com/

Follow me on:
Facebook:
http://www.blogger.com/goog_455042040

Twitter:
http://twitter.com/WineChicksGuide

No comments:

Post a Comment