Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

2005 Wyndham Estate Bin 555 Shiraz South Eastern Australia

Visions of pumpkins, scarecrows, fire pits and beautiful red colors surround me. Of course in Florida, the pumpkins are kept inside so they don’t rot in the heat, the scarecrows are purchased from a local craft store and the beautiful reds come in wine, not leaves. Well I do have that fire pit and I have lots of red wine. Tonight I’m drinking 2005 Wyndham Estate Bin 555 Shiraz South Eastern Australia Think I’ll take that red wine sit outside by the firepit while relaxing and enjoying the homestead after two intense weeks of travel.

Dark red and black fruit and spice aromas, hint of jammy flavor up front, black licorice and spices hit mid-palate. Full to medium bodied, well structured and soft tannins hit mid-palate. Finishes with a nice balance between oak, residual sugar and tannins.

Varietal - Shiraz
Region – South Eastern Australia
Alcohol - 14.5%
TA - 5.7g/L
pH - 3.6

George Wyndham was born, raised and educated in England in the early 1800’s. After emigrating to Canada in 1824 and later emigrating to Australia in 1827, George settled down with his wife, Letitia and farmed. Wyndham started with the usual livestock, planting the vineyards in 1830 that would become the first commercial Shiraz vineyard and the second largest in New South Wales, Australia. The Shiraz vines planted have been said to be some of the oldest still producing wine vines in the world.

Wyndham Estate BIN wines are multiregional blends, the fruit is sourced from amongst Australia’s premium viticulture regions. The BIN wines were not created for long term keeping but are meant to be enjoyed now. Good thing since I think this only lasted about one month between purchase time and consumption at my house.

While sitting outside enjoying the first fire pit of the season, I felt that first little rush of panic thinking how soon Thanksgiving is coming. Most people would think of the enormous dinner they have to cook, not me, I’m the dishwasher, not the cook. For me, I’m thinking of those whites and reds I have that will pair great with your Thanksgiving dinners. Tough job but someone has to do it.

2010© Kellie Stargaard. All Rights Reserved.
http://winechicksguidetoeverydaywines.blogspot.com/

Follow me on:
Facebook:
 http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=114185461044&ref=ts

Twitter:
http://twitter.com/WineCicksGuide

No comments:

Post a Comment