Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Un4seen Red Wine 2009 and Un4seen White Wine 2010

Unforeseen, the mere mention of the word puts me on alert. Something unexpected looming, just waiting to pounce when I least expect it. There it is, the unforeseen, an unexpected event requiring a reaction from us, be it good or bad. I consider myself rather brave but I have to admit, when it comes to the unknown, I get butterflies in my stomach. I’m a list maker, a planner and when things don’t go just as I expected, I don’t always know how to react.  I have to admit, I don’t always know how much I’ll like the wine samples sent to me but the wine I’ll be discussing here was (you have been warned, here comes the pun) an unforeseen welcome, Un4seen Red Wine and Un4seen White Wine.

Un4seen Red Wine blend 2009
It took awhile for the aromas and flavors to open but after about 20 minutes in the glass, a personality began to develop with scents of earth, red fruits and spice. Flavors were faint but after some swirling hints of plum, cherry and spicy black pepper emerged. Medium bodied with a silky mouthfeel and well structured tannins. I typically find Petit Verdot to be a very perfumey wine but not pick up the notes in this wine. May have been an off night for me.

Varietal - of Zinfandel, Malbec, Merlot and Petit Verdot
Appellation - California (Lodi, Clarksburg)
Alcohol – 13.9%
TA – 6.1 g/L
pH – 3.6
RS – 6.2 g/L
SRP - $10.99

As you can see the Un4seen Red is a blend of four varietals, each harvested and fermented on their own, then blended. The blend of the four varietals creates a harmonious flavor combo with great complexity as each sip brings out new flavors and aromas.

Un4seen White Wine blend 2010
Tantalizing aromas of honey and tropical fruits. Flavors burst through with apple and mango. Finish is lush and full of perfumed floral notes. It’s like summer in a glass. Something many of us can use this time of year.

Varietal - Chardonnay, Semillon, Viogner and Moscato
Appellation -  California (Lodi, Clarksburg)
Alcohol – 13.9%
TA – 6.1 g/L
pH – 3.53
RS – 7 g/L
SRP - $10.99

A blend of Chardonnay, Semillon, Viogner and Moscato

Seems like every time I turn around, there’s another change affecting me. The dismissal of co-workers or contacts that have a vast and very important knowledge of what we do. The passing of my 19 year old cat, Katundra, who was with me through most of my 20’s and all of my 30’s. While I contemplate what the future may bring for me after all these changes, I know it’s up to me to rise above and continue moving forward. So maybe it doesn’t have to be such a foreboding word. Maybe it’s a positive change in our path; an unforeseen fortune, an unforeseen adventure, an unforeseen opportunity. Hmm, fortune, adventure, opportunity; I like the sound of those words.

If you would like to send samples for my review, please contact me at kstargaard@yahoo.com.

2012© Kellie Stargaard.  All Rights Reserved.
http://winechicksguidetoeverydaywines.blogspot.com/

Follow me on:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/winechicksguide
Twitter:http://twitter.com/WineChicksGuide


No comments:

Post a Comment