Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Clif Family Winery The Climber Red Wine 2010

Happy New Year! Every year after the ball drops, we vow to change bad habits, focus on the things that are truly important to us, spend more time with our families, etc. In essence every year we single out all the things we feel could use a little tweaking and vow to make a change. Many of these resolutions don’t last 3 days; most others will be a distant memory before we find ourselves gorging on Valentine’s candy. So why do we do it? Is it the hope that we can become something other than we are now or is there some kind of internal trigger set off at the stroke of twelve every January 1st that says, you must make changes? As I contemplate a better approach to the New Year’s Resolution, I can’t help but notice my choice in wine last night, need not change one bit. Clif Family Winery The Climber Red Wine Blend, was a perfect start to a new year and new wines.

Aromas full of cherry and blackberry. Raspberry and vanilla combine with firm and well structured tannins. A hint of black pepper in the finish rounds out the flavors.
Varietals - 50% Zinfandel, 36% Cabernet Franc, 6% Petit Sirah, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, 3% Merlot
Alcohol - 13.9%
SRP - $14

I bet the Clif Family is hoping to see another year like 2010. A wet spring was followed by a long, cool growing season and some late heat spikes that helped the grapes reach full maturity. While the weather was a bit like a rollercoaster, the unpredictable weather resulted in subtle yet elegant wines. For more info on Clif Family Wines, click here.

Last week I read an article by a local columnist challenging us to make a big change this year, one that would surprise even our closest friends and family. Since I made a huge change last year by moving from Tampa, FL to NE Georgia I’m racking my brain trying to figure out what I could do to top that one. I think it’s important to take a chance, and not become too complacent in your current life or situation. Too often, I hear people complain about their lives yet they never make an effort to change it. Many people didn’t know my husband and I were even considering the move until 6 weeks prior to loading the truck and setting out for our new adventure. While we had each other to offer support through the stress and uncertainty, all you really need is belief in you.

When we began talking about moving, I pictured myself living another way. One outside of a subdivision, away from miles and miles of asphalt but instead surrounded by acres of land. It was exciting and frightening at the same time. Whether it’s giving up smoking or breaking away from a relationship that is no longer working, start with small steps, and then few bigger steps until you see yourself reaching your goal. “You are what you are and you are where you are because of what has gone into your mind. You change what you are and you change where you are by changing what goes into your mind.” – Zig Ziglar.

Hmm, maybe I can find a resolution or two to work on after all….

If you would like to send samples for my review, please contact me at kstargaard@yahoo.com.
2012© Kellie Stargaard.  All Rights Reserved.


Follow me on:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/winechicksguide
Twitter:http://twitter.com/WineChicksGuide










No comments:

Post a Comment