Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

2009 Cupcake Vineyard Central Coast Chardonnay

It must be fate, first I receive a sample of Cupcake Central Coast Chardonnay and now, Florida, Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee wine lovers can BOGO Cupcake Vineyards at Publix until Wednesday. I picked up my bottles already and may go back for a few more today.

Aromas of banana and honey mix with flavors of apple. Creamy floral notes filled with jasmine trigger a familiar and comforting feeling. Malolactic fermentation in oak barrels provides a nice smooth finish. Borderline high residual sugars make this an easy sipping wine for summer or fall nights. The wine is not overly complex, just smooth which is nice after a hectic day.

Varietal – 100% Chardonnay
Appellation - Central Coast
TA - 0.65g/100mL
pH – 3.76
RS – 0.48g/100mL
Production – 100,000 cases
Retail price - $9.49

Located in California’s Central coast, the Cupcake vineyards benefit from the cooling breezes coming off the Pacific Ocean which allow the grapes to flourish in the sun filled days. Combined with the nutrient rich soil both provide optimum growing conditions to produce well balanced Chardonnay.

I was recently asked if I had a list of go to wines, meaning the ones I just want to drink and not have to note on. I do and Cupcake Vineyards is on that list. So even though I receive samples of the wines, I do still buy them to enjoy at my leisure.

We paired the wine with homemade smoked Sockeye salmon fish spread and a baguette.

2010© Kellie Stargaard. All Rights Reserved.

http://winechicksguidetoeverydaywines.blogspot.com/

Follow me on:
Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=114185461044&ref=ts
Twitter:
http://twitter.com/WineChicksGuide

No comments:

Post a Comment