Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

I’m dreaming of the Italian countryside with my bottle of 2008 La Tancia Sangiovese


There are a few wine varietals that just take you away to a specific region just by mentioning the name. France has its Bordeaux and Burgundy and Italy has Chianti and Sangiovese. With my latest wine selection I’m whisked away to the Italian countryside with a wedge of cheese, a loaf of bread and with a nice bottle of 2008 La Tancia Sangiovese. Too bad I’m really just sitting on my couch but the wine is still delightful.

In my younger years I would have described this as someone swept up the attic and bottled it. As my palate and my senses have matured, I recognize this as a nice well balanced dry wine. The aromas are intoxicating as they tease the senses you know this could be the start of something good. The flavors are full bodied with lots of Earthy flavors. While it’s very dry, it’s still very well balanced and easy drinking.

I only had one glass the first night (I must have been ill or something) and on the second night the flavors had become much tamer as the wine was allowed to breath. I don’t advocate opening all red wines and allowing them to breathe as you may actually be missing out on the best features of that wine. So if you open a bottle of wine and feel the flavors are a little unbalanced, leave the bottle open or pour into a glass and let it rest for a few minutes. Swirling may even smooth the flavors and you can enjoy immediately.

Either consumed the same night or the night after, found at ABC Fine Wine & Liquor for $8.99, I think I’ll purchase this bottle again and enjoy with that cheese and bread I was dreaming about.

2010© Kellie Stargaard. All Rights Reserved.

http://winechicksguidetoeverydaywines.blogspot.com/

Follow me on:
Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=114185461044&ref=ts
Twitter:http://twitter.com/WineChicksGuide

No comments:

Post a Comment