Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Wines Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling and Candor Lot 3 Merlot

On your mark, get set go! It’s here folks, I saw it slowing sneaking up since mid-September and now it’s finally arrived; the kick off to the holiday season. After having Christmas shoved down our throats since before Halloween, I’m finally beginning to get into the Christmas spirit. Hold on, I’m doing just what retailers do, I’m skipping forward and forgetting there is a holiday before Christmas that is the perfect time to slow down and enjoy family, friends and life. That holiday of course is Thanksgiving, a day of over eating, over imbibing in drink and for some over shopping. For me, it’s a three days of sharing my love of wine. This year I’ll be serving Chateau Ste. Michelle Columbia Valley Riesling and Candor Lot 3 Merlot.

Chateau Ste. Michelle Columbia Valley Riesling 2009
Citrus and tropical aromas, honey and pineapple flavors wash over the palate. Hints of green apple and peach provide for a lingering finish. The hint of citrus pairs well with turkey, the clean feel of the wine helps to cut through some of the heavy flavors of the dressing and other fixings. For more on Chateau Ste. Michelle, click here.

Candor Lot 3 Merlot
A blend of three vintages, 2008, 2009 & 2010 this Merlot can sit at my table any day. Bordeaux like aromas full of black cherry and currant. Sensual black fruits, plums and cherry mingle with a vanilla and woodsy finish. Full bodied, this wine is the perfect finish to a perfect meal and truly feels like Thanksgiving in a glass. Even my husband who is not a huge Merlot fan thought this one was great. I know this is a short one and promise will write more on Candor wines soon.

What are you thankful for this year? I’m thankful for my husband, my family and my friends. I’m thankful my husband and I not only made the decision to move to the Georgia Mountains but that we had the ability to do so as well. I’m thankful our house in Florida sold within 6 weeks of going on the market and thankful we were able to find 3 acres of wooded land in a quiet and somewhat secluded area. I’m thankful my parents are able to spend Thanksgiving with us this year, I’m thankful my 19 year old cat, Katundra, is still with us to enjoy some left over turkey pieces (although she prefers cheese and her treats).

Most of all, I’m just thankful to be in this place in my life. I don’t want to be 23 again, although I wouldn’t mind the thinner body and the younger looking face, but I’m happy I’m at a place in my life where money is not as important as it once was and climbing the corporate ladder is no longer a priority. It’s this time when you can slow down and begin to evaluate the truly important things in life. Those to me are family and friends to share great moments with and in those moments, share great wines.

If you would like to send samples for my review, please contact me at kstargaard@yahoo.com.

2011© Kellie Stargaard.  All Rights Reserved.
http://winechicksguidetoeverydaywines.blogspot.com/

Follow me on:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/winechicksguide
Twitter:http://twitter.com/WineChicksGuide


No comments:

Post a Comment