Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Crimson & Clover Red Wine 2009 and Fresh Starts

My first three weeks in North Georgia have brought about many fresh and new adventures. Everything from learning to drive mountain roads, tubing rocky but clear rivers and discovering all the wonderful people, wineries and local retailers the area has to offer. With so many new things in my world, it’s nice now and then to turn and see a familiar and friendly face. This is especially true when this “face” is in the form of a wine label. Last nights sampling of Concannon’s Crimson & Clover was one of those faces I welcome into my home no matter where that home may be.

Decadent, rich currant and clover aromas lead to flavors bursting with fresh ripe blackberry. Soft and supple finish with a touch of leather. Priced at $15, this wine is sinfully delicious. We paired with a Southern favorite, shrimp & grits. Of course we had to add our own spin with sherry and scallops.

Crimson & Clover is the first blend and the fifth wine in the Concannon Conservancy portfolio. Created to commerate Jim Concannon’s 80th birthday in 2011, the wine is a nod to the Concannon’s Irish heritage; the clover is a traditional sign for prosperity, crimson reflects the deep red color of the blend. Befitting of Jim Concannon’s moniker as the father of America’s First Petite Sirah, the wine is a blend of 50% Petite Sirah, 25% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Sryah and 10% Zinfandel. For more info on Concannon, click here.

Local NE Georgia finds:
Talk about fresh, Mountain Fresh Creamery located in Clermont, GA is our very own connection to fresh milk, cream, butter and ice cream. Their motto is, 24 hours from cow to store and speaking of cows, they graze on fresh grass just 6 miles from the creamery. Having just opened in July of this year, the focus now is on the milk but I know they’re working very hard to get the other products out to those of us constantly clamoring for butter or cream. Whenever I pass by I always stop by and use just two words, got butter? I also check their Facebook Page on a regular basis, waiting and hoping today will be the day. I’m just 10 miles away and I know I can fly like the wind over those roads to get some precious pure and wholesome butter. The chocolate milk is the best I’ve ever had and I can’t wait until it gets cold and I can heat some up and sip it while sitting on my rocking chair on my front porch. Even if you don’t live in the area, check them out on their website or FB Page, you’ll be glad you did.

If you would like to send samples for my review, please contact me at kstargaard@yahoo.com.

2011© Kellie Stargaard.  All Rights Reserved.
http://winechicksguidetoeverydaywines.blogspot.com/

Follow me on:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/winechicksguide
Twitter:http://twitter.com/WineChicksGuide










No comments:

Post a Comment